If you read BSG’s marketing predictions for 2015, then you know our thoughts on content marketing. If you didn’t, we’ll break it down for you: content marketing is here to stay.
A quick Google search will bring up numerous results that will let you come to the same conclusion. A recent piece by Kapost had some especially interesting stats including:
- 9 in 10 organizations market with content
- 79% of marketers report their organizations are shifting to branded content
- 72% of marketers think that branded content is more effective than magazine advertisements, 69% say it’s superior to direct mail and PR
- 91% of B2B marketers use content marketing
- 86% of B2C marketers use content marketing
So what’s a company to do if they don’t have budget or manpower to write blog posts, produce newsletters and create other custom content on a regular basis? We’d suggest focusing on Big Content.
The idea behind big content is quality not quantity. It isn’t your average blog post. Instead, it’s content that allows you to concentrate on one important idea in lieu of working feverishly to churn out daily or weekly posts. Big content can come in any form: ebook, blog series, infographic, video, video series, ecourse (we could go on and on). No matter the form, all big content is USEFUL and because of that, big content has LONGEVITY. It is a resource that people revisit.
Although producing an epic piece of content can be painstaking and time consuming, it’s also invaluable. Big content establishes your expertise. Big content cuts through the clutter. Big content allows your voice to be heard.
Check out these great examples of big content: