Although we all live in a fast-paced world, where "real time" is a well-used buzzword, marketing can take time. Building the trust needed to obtain someone's contact information alone can take weeks, months, or even longer.
These 5 methods will help your business achieve its goals in an efficient manner, in many cases building upon work you've already done. Take a look and let us know in the comments which techniques you've found the most successful.
1. Write longer blog posts. This may seem counterintuitive, but studies have shown that search engines love in-depth articles. As you can see from this bar chart, the longer the content, the higher the position on a search engine results page.
In addition, people actually prefer longer content, as long as it's good quality and relevant. This is the type of content that gets more shares.
2. Curate great content. Instead of spending a lot of time trying to create viral content, link to awesome content that has already been created. This is a perfect way to supplement the content you already have, increase traffic and add value to your site. In this example, Kevan Lee of Buffer presents current research, and then organizes the research into a cool-looking infographic:
3. Plunder your FAQ page for content ideas. Your customers have questions, and you have the answers. But instead of answering them with a dull, static FAQ page, answer each question with a full content piece. When your content answers questions directly from customers, there can be no doubt that your content is providing value that your customers desire.
4. Optimize your thank-you pages. When a customer converts, you probably send them to a thank-you page. This is another chance to connect, offer further value and keep them engaged with your business as long as possible. Some optimization tactics include:
- Showcasing new content, with a link to a download
- Promoting new products
- Offering a chance to subscribe
- A request to participate in a survey
5. Repurpose content into different media formats. A great way to keep visitors engaged, and keep the hungry content machine satisfied, is by taking content you've already created and transforming it into a different format. Here are just a few ways to do so:
- A research-heavy blog post can easily be turned into a visually arresting infographic. Don't have a designer? Try free online graphic design software, like Canva.
- Blog content can be packaged into a newsletter format, and sent as an email to your subscribers.
- How-to posts, expert interviews or step-by-step processes are ideal candidates for conversion to video. If that sounds overly complicated, don't worry, there are easy-to-use tools to make that happen, too.
With these tactics, you can have the business success you deserve. If you have other ideas that have worked well, let us know - we love to hear your thoughts.